mgs

Re: Synthetic Gear Lube

To: paul hammarstedt <wfme@mc.net>
Subject: Re: Synthetic Gear Lube
From: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 22:12:05 -0600
Well, my LBC takes 30W motor oil.

I've also changed the oil out 5 times int he last 2 months and I can bottle
and sell the stuff as glitter.  Obviously something is getting all chewed up.

So, I figured what the hell.

I filled it up with a mixture of Castrol 100% full synthetic and 1 pint of
Dura-Lube Automatic/manual Transmission fluid additive.

I really notice a big difference.  Smoother feeling in all respects.

I would think that the rear axel will benefit just as much.

I hear that Amsoil is a really great product to use in place of conventional
gear oils.

--
Jay Quinn                             '62 Austin-Healey MKII Sprite
Systems Engineer