mgs

Re: A Perfect Day

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A Perfect Day
From: DandDTietz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:20:42 -0500
I originally posted this last Saturday, but it didn't show up on the lists...
It felt so good, I have to try and share it again, sorry if it posts twice.

Hey Carol,
You Texans like to brag about your winter weather, let me tell you about
Florida. We had a cold front move through yesterday (Friday), and it left
cool (upper 70's), dry (for a change) weather down here.
Last night I called a couple of friends from our club, and we made a
pilgrimage to one of our local British pubs for some kidney pie, Guiness and
camaraderie (two 1961 A's and my fine '70 MGB).
Today dawned sunny and bright, and after completing some morning chores, I
had my favorite gal (wife of 31 years) ask for a cruise up the beach. How
could I turn her down... we did just that, found a 60's restaurant (not a
theme restaurant, a real 60's restaurant... this is St. Petersburg), and had
a delightful lunch overlooking the Gulf, complete with Metal Detector
detectives, Babes and Sailboats off-shore.
The car was running exceptionally well, perfect tone in the exhaust,
extra-long sweet spot in 3rd during acceleration, and near perfect
transmission of road conditions (smooth, undulating waves in the asphalt,
subtly giving slight pressures at the steering wheel), the car was saying
this, this is what I was built for 27 years ago!
And it's only Saturday...
Sorry for you Northerners, but I had to address this Texan (I used to live in
Dallas), and I think I will give another report in January (I know it gets
pretty cool in January, in Texas).

Gawd I love these cars...
Dave Tietz
'70 MGB Roadster
'74 MGB-GT (Daily Driver... yea it's got air)
'90 LeBaron (to placate wife when the weather is less than perfect...Unlike
TODAY!!)