mgs

RE: Ignition warning light won't go off!

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ignition warning light won't go off!
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 16:23:00 -0800 (PST)
If it is an ignition kill type alarm I would definitely disconnect it
completely and see if the problem goes away. These things are notorious for
causing phantom problems in the ignition system. Since you already know
there is something wrong with the unit because it is blowing fuses, I would
take it out of the equation. There is a way to test your alternator easily
if you have a good tester which can read amperage with a clamp on type
sensor. You check the output of the alternator in amps and voltage at
different RPMs with the lights off and on. I can look up the specs if you
like. I have them buried somewhere in the garage.

Chris Reichle