mgs

Now there's a cat hanging around!

To: mgs@autox.team.net (MG's)
Subject: Now there's a cat hanging around!
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 11:40:49 -0500 (EST)
  I read all those posts before about cat problems and <ahem> creative
solutions, and I chuckled merrily at all you people.  "Good thing I don't
have that problem," I thought.
  Well, about a day after that whole threat got started, what happens?  I
come home and there they are!  Gobs of dirty cat prints all over my fresh
new paint job.
  So just as I'm thinking of all the evil, terrible things that were
suggested to be done to cats, I feel something rubbing at my leg.  I look
down to see the sweetest little creature staring up at me with big innocent
eyes. "Mew?" it says meekly as it rubs its brown/grey fur amicably against
me and flops down clumsly on my foot.
  "Thanks a lot for the foot prints you little devil."
  "PUUURRRRR!"
  Well, it's been a few weeks now and anytime I go to work on my MGB, within
seconds I hear the patter of little paws racing forth to "help" me with the
restoration.  It gets annoying while I'm trying work when the cat thinks a
wrench's best purpose is as a rubbing implement.  But the darn thing is so
friendly I don't have the heart to get rid of it, and it appears not to want
to actually climb on my car anymore.  Now if I could only train the little
guy to go fetch me tools...

----
Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit