mgs

Pretty Bird

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Pretty Bird
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 09:57:48 -0800 (PST) (9:57 am 17:57 UT)
Going back to work after lunch on Monday, I crossed a beautiful canary-
yellow TC with green spokes and upholstery....  I didn't even have time
to get my hand out to wave. It was coming down Marguerite in Mission Viejo...
  Bad news is, TINTIN's brakes started fading with light pedal pressure. No
apparent loss of fluid, so it looks like it's master cylinder
(Look out Mr. Felix!) rebuild time.  May as well do the wheels, too.
  Good news is I get to drive MILOU to work.  Bad news is, it's raining.
The only thing I dislike about driving MILOU with the top up, aside from the
fact that I'm not driving with the top down, is that the side curtains are
so old that they are yellowed and fogged, making the view out the left
side mirror almost non-existant.  These are the flip-up kind, not the
sliding kind.  Anyone have any experience with rebuilding these?  I was
considering the possibility of using plexiglass in the place of plastic
film, in the hopes that it would last longer.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*