mgs

Re: Measure of enthusiasism?

To: David Deutsch <drded@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Measure of enthusiasism?
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 22:21:25 -0500
David Deutsch wrote:

> I'm watching the list for almost a year now and am finding patterns.
> There are only a handful of real enthusiasts out there and an awful lot
> of winers and excuse makers. I understand family commitments and job
> related time restrictions.

David-

I think you've totally missed the point.  The measure of an enthusiast
is not how much money, or time someone puts toward somthing, nor is it
the willingness or desire to travel over hill and dale throughout the
middle of the night to scrub some rubber off your tires, and some brake
linings from your pads.  There are an awful lot of people out there who
merely love LBC's, and who get their enjoyment out the hobby in a
hundred different ways.

I use this forum as a means of learning about somthing I love, as a way
to share other peoples experiences, and to let them share in mine, and
yes, occasionally to vent my frustration to someone who shares my
interests (my wife doesn't) in LBC's - I figure we're partners in crime
here.

Having finished the restoration of my MGB (my one and only LBC) this
year, I was frustrated by the lack of time available for me to use it
this season.  Don't worry though - I'll be out driving the wheels off it
next season.  And as for your friend with the MGA in pieces, don't feel
sorry for him.  It may be that he gets all he needs from the hobby from
being a part of the social scene, and around these great cars.
Otherwise, you can bet that he would do somthing about it.

Best Regards,

Chris Delling