mgs

Re: fluid leak

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fluid leak
From: Nick Pitt <nick.pitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 96 18:33:00 PST
A more common cause of brown fluid in the B's footwells is rusty water from
a leaking heater. Don't know if this helps with the midget problem tho'.

          Nick('73 B)
 ----------
From: mgs-owner
To: PLM97
Cc: mgs
Date: 18 November 1996 10:50

PLM97@aol.com wrote:

> I happened to take my 74 Midget out this weekend and noticed a brown fluid
> had leaked onto the mat under the brake pedal.  Does anyone have any
> experience with this.  There is not a great deal of fuild, maybe 2
teaspoons.
>  The car had sat in the garage for about two weeks.  No additional fluid
> leaked while running.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks
>
> P. Haase
> Maryland

Don't have any experience with Midgets, but fwiw, the B has a small oil
pressure tube connected to the back of the oil gage.  If the junction of
this tube isn't tight, engine oil will drain into the cockpit.  Could be
the Midget has a similar problem.

Regards,

Chris Delling