mgs

Opel GTs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Opel GTs
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 14:20:28 -0500
Whatever happened to all those GTs anyway? Used to see bunches, and rib
their owners about 'those bald-headed vettes'(all in good fun, so don't
let's start a thread praising Opel GTs and thrashing me!). I had an, umm,
unofficial race with one once. A Marine corp. pilot was driving it. I was
just an eighteenish fool. He finally managed to take me on a bit of a
straight, as I couldn't convince my friend(who weighed about 200lbs) to jump
out and put on the tonneau while he was at it. We stopped and had a chat --
nice fellow, said he was suprised a ragged ol' B could handle so well. At
that point my friend opined that it was only 'cause this particular B's
driver didn't know any better.

Michael, New Bern, NC