mgs

Re: MGB dashboard

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB dashboard
From: Alberto Manganini <albertom@mbox.vol.it>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 96 22:27:41 -0500
-- [ From: Alberto Manganini * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

First, lots of thanks to all the nice people who's helping me!

> I assume you have the dual gauge for the oil pressure and water temp.  Be
> very careful when you disconnect this. You will have to disconnect the
water
> temp sending unit from the engine cylinder head and feed it back through
the
> engine compartment. you will also have to disconnect the oil line in the
> engine bay that runs to the oil pressure part of the guage.
> Be very careful as these gauges are expensive and you don't want to damage
> the temp line.

Yes, I do have the dual gauge, and yes, I'll be *extremely* careful. Do I
have to drain the coolant and/or the oil, or is it enough to close the holes
with something (say...insulating tape?!)

> You will have to remove the steering wheel and drop the column. every
thing
> should come free. Once you remove the glove box you will see that the
chrome

Ahi Ahi, this worries me...the steering wheel seems so fragile...

Thanks again, Cheers
--

Alberto Manganini - albertom@mbox.vol.it
      Mag Moda New s.r.l. - Italy