mgs

Re: T type performance & handling

To: engle@mailer.martech.fsu.edu
Subject: Re: T type performance & handling
From: homestay@infolearn.com.au (Syl's Sydney Homestay)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 23:17:53 +1100 (EST)

Blair writes:

>On the subject of XPAG reliability, 11 years, 7000 rpm shifts, 115 mph on
>the straights, and no engine failures.  Need I say more?

This sure does speak well for the engine, its preparation and your driving.
Sounds like you had a lot of fun with that car!

A consistent winner on Australian circuits during 1949 - 1954 was the
Paterson/ Brydon TC supercharged with a Marshall Nordec blower running at
10 psi.

Brakes, suspension and chassis were standard, although the gearbox was
altered with close ratio gears. Final drive ratios were changed to suit
each circuit.

87 bhp at 6,000 rpm. Standing quarter mile in 16 seconds and a top speed in
excess of 180 Km/hr ( x 0.6 = 108 mph) - a very successful racing TC.

Regards

Paul