mgs

Don't you guys have anything better to do?? -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net, drded@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Don't you guys have anything better to do?? -Reply
From: Dan Hughes <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 10:35:54 -0500
Hooray!  You've made the right decision!  Welcome back!

>>> David Deutsch <drded@ix.netcom.com> 11/07/96 10:12pm >>>
I was looking for a break. You guys bowled me over. I tried to reply to  all
of you personally but it became impossible when reponses to replies  started
coming. I would just to say that I was touched deeply by your  reaction. Just
a couple of things though. Putting my name in the same  sentence as Mr. John
Twist's is like putting Sly Stallone in a Boxing  ring with Mike Tyson. I'm
really just smoke, mirrors and hope that you  find me more entertaining than
informative, my knownlege of MGs is no  where near that of John's. At the same
time, I'm not afraid of getting  my hands dirty and can probably ceramic tile
rings around him. I have  just now signed back on for a few reasons:
1. Someone said that they were going to be even more offended if I  didn't
come back than the guy  and his wife were that were first  offended
2. Bill Singleton, who purchased my 77 MGB from me said if I didn't  return he
would start a DPO thread about the car.  and finally I heard that there was a
little finger pointing going on  has to who it was I offended. This is not
important any more. He has  excepted my opology (?) and the book has been
closed. Just for the  record it was not Paul Gallian.

I'm pleased that you all feel I'm an asset to the list and have just  signed
back on. I will tell you that even though I was only off for 30  hours it felt
like 30 days. MG people are a very important part of my  life. I wrote this to
some else today, but I just want all of you to  know, that if I wasn't such a
Son of a Bitch, I probably would have had  tears in my eyes at some points
today.

Now back to the cars: I'm told that there has been a less that  fantastic
response to Saturdays Gymkhana at Floyd Bennett Air Field in  Brooklyn. You
Girlie Boys had a hard week? Sleeping in? How often do  you get a chance to
drive like a crazy person and not have to look in  the rear view mirror for
flashing red lights. I really hope some of you  drag your out of shape rear
ends into those LBCs and come on out and  play and Saturday. If it will help,
give me your phone #'s and I'll  call your wifes and ask them if your allowed
to go out on Saturday. I'm  dragging my wife along and have told her she will
have a good time  whether she likes it or not.

Boy did that feel good, I Love You Guys and Gals, Safety Fast, David  Deutsch