mgs

Re: Rear Oil Seal

To: PVANDAL@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Rear Oil Seal
From: Drtrite@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 23:33:59 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-04 00:42:59 EST, PVANDAL@aol.com writes:

<< "rear crankshaft oil seal kit"
 which also has a chapter in Norm Nock's Notes.  Has anyone installed the kit
 or one like it, and if so, are there favorable  or unfavorable reports? >>

I have been manufacturing a rear main seal kit for the 6 cyl Healey for
years. It is a precision machine split ring that is installed with a fixture
I have designed for proper alignment. The engine must be out of car- crank
removed. The seal is a split 350 chev. seal that is ground in a fixture to
get the proper diminsion for the correct amount of crush on the seal. The
precision split rings are held with socket head cap screws and kept in
perfect alingnment with 4 dowel pins.

I understand some others on the market can be installed with engine in car,
but from the info on them you drill holes through the bolt holes in the
flange that your flywheel bolts to. They may be easy to install, but I wonder
how precision the finished job will be.

If you want futher info and installation instructyion I will attach file to
e-mail on a individual request.

Cost $95 Deposit is required on installation fixture.

Don
65 BJ8
74 JH