mgs

Looking for info on MGA Cams

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for info on MGA Cams
From: laner@teleport.com (Lane Rollins)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 13:15:27 -0700
This has not been the greatest of years for my MG's or budget for that
matter. The latest nightmare happend this last Sunday on the way up I5 thru
the Salem area. What appears to have happened is one of the lobes on the
cam just disinegrated. The push rod is fine but it's sitting about half
inch lower than it used to and when you bump the motor over there is hardly
any lift and no duration. The motor was rebuilt about 5000 miles ago and I
used a reground "performance" cam, it was nice but this time I think I will
spend the extra cash and get a new cam. The car was driven but not thrased,
at the time I was on the freeway the motor was doing about 3500 RPM, 50 lbs
of oil pressure.

So does anybody out there have any suggestions or cams to stay away from?
FWIW the motor is 1600 with a Mark II head, and it had one of the Moss
headers on it.

TIA, Lane