mgs

RE: R-12

To: Mark Jurras <jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com>
Subject: RE: R-12
From: ek_john_luthy <luthy@cesd.servtech.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 23:43:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Mark Jurras wrote:

> > <Please be aware that purchase of this cylinder is illegal if you do not
> > <have EPA R-12 certification.
>
> I came across a blurb on the WWW about two R-12 substitutes that have
> no CFC's. One cools like R-12 the other cools like R-134. You'll have to
> search on your own to find it as I blew off the address. Seems it as
> licensed for sale by some welding gas houses.
>
> YMMV & I'm not connected with ...Blah Blah
>
> - -Mark

Be careful with some of these substiutes most are flamable. If a hose were
to burst (not an unlikely event) there may be a fire or small explosion!
There are currently only TWO authorized replacments for r-12 in a MOBILE
system i.e. a car or truck. They are R-134 and a substance made by
intermagnetics sold under the trade name of FR-12 by Penzzoil. Any thing
else and you are risking your life and your car.
usual disclamers apply, not associated with yadda yadda yadda.
                Lex