mgs

RE: Speaking of Smog Sniffers

To: mgs@autox.team.net, Randyr@starwave.com
Subject: RE: Speaking of Smog Sniffers
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 13:38:04 -0400
> I encounted my first roadside
> sniffer at the Marsh Road on ramp to 101 north.   It was immediately
> apparent as to what was up.  Not wishing to upset the Smog Gods, I
> shifted into neutral and coasted through the contraption.  These things
> are intended to entrap "Gross polluters"

If these things take pictures of the offenders could a gross polluter
back up to one of these things on the blind side and get it to take a
picture of about 15 minutes worth of rush hour traffic? If these things
seem to be troublesome they will get rid of them quick. I'd like to see
someone in an electric vehicle (EV) get a smog ticket. EV's only move
the pollution to the electric power generation facility anyway.

- -Mark "Why do I think of these things" Jurras