mgs

Re: Front Bumper Adjustment -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net, SCHLINING.M.W-@smtpgty.bwi.wec.com,
Subject: Re: Front Bumper Adjustment -Reply
From: Dan Hughes <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 09:16:01 -0500
Marty,
I received a reply from several other contributors and found that indeed that
bar was bent.  I apply mild pressure outward and it now sits OK.  (I've owned
this vehicle a very short time.) The whole bumper sits a little out of
alignment, but another project for another day.

While I'm typing, what's the general feeling out there about synthetic oil?
I've run synthetics in my other family-type cars for years with good results.
The MG has 57k miles and I'm wondering if synthetics would be OK in the
crankcase.

Also what about octane? 87? 93? What's best?

 Any $.02???
Dan
80 MGB

>>> SCHLINING.M.W- <SCHLINING.M.W-@smtpgty.bwi.wec.com> 08/16/96 07:54am >>>
        Dan

        There is a 'U' shaped bar mounted to the bumper that supports the top
        portion of the rubber facia.  That is probably bent back.  Recommend
        removing the whole bumper by the 4 bolts holding it on.  You will need

        to remove the grill to make it easier.  Straighten the 'U' bracket and

        reinstall.

        Marty Schlining
        57 MGA Coupe
        75 MGB