mgs

Drove my first MG T

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Drove my first MG T
From: Rick Huber <102221.1716@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 11 Aug 96 07:56:45 EDT
Hi gang,
My withdrawal from my B I left when I moved to Holland isn't complete.  I get
updates once a week or so from Dad about how much fun it is to drive, I read the
digests, and keep in touch with my Dutch MG friends.  The latest tale is a guy
that's coming to work for me to start up the new plant my company is building -
and he has an Arizona import 1954 TF.  He brought it out to the office Friday
before last to show me, and better than that, after a 20 or 30 minute look see
he offered to let me drive it to lunch.  Quite a thrill.  Not nearly as refined
as the MGB, but the feel, sound, and smell were relatively the same.  It was
great, even better that it was made in my birth year, so we share a common age.
Maybe I'll have to get a birth year car when I get back to the states instead of
a younger B.  Another thing, there's a lovely power blue A that lives a couple
blocks from me - I need to stop by and see if the owner needs a riding / driving
buddy or even some help on the weekend.  Then Bert Otten recently invited me
over for a drive in his restored 66.  Decisions, decisions.  I still miss
Maggie, my '68, but having all these Dutch MG connections makes it not so bad.

Also, I had written in early July about the NONAME.DAT files I was getting,
making the digest unreadable.  For those of you who are having that same problem
with Compuserve, I've found a way to download a file larger than 50 k without
loosing it.  When you ask to get the document, a window opens that gives you the
opportunity to Retrieve the file.  After it has been retrieved, if you save it
as a text file in the filing cabinet under a different name, I use the digest
number, say #343, then you can read it by opening it out of the filing cabinet.
Hope that helps those of you who responded to my question a month ago.

Cheers from Holland,

Rick Huber