mgs

Repairing Top Frame

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Repairing Top Frame
From: Michael McDevitt <mmcdevit@twdb.state.tx.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 07:55:24 -0700
I need to repair the top frame of the '74 B that I am restoring.  I need
to straighten a bent frame member and reshape a distorted hoop member.
In order to do this, I will need to remove and replace some of the rivets
that pin the frame together.  I would appreciate any advise on the best
way to remove and replace the rivets.  Also, will  MAPP gas provide a hot
enough flame to heat the hoop portion of the frame to allow me to bend it
back to its original shape?
Any advise appreciated.
Mike McDevitt