mgs

Re: Help - No clutch!!

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@MV.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Help - No clutch!!
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 08:41:49 -0700 (PDT) (8:41 am 15:41 UT)
Elaine,

 It does sound like your clutch hydraulics have gone.  If this is indeed the
case, I'd have to recommend rebuilding the master cylinder (If it's in
rebuildable condition.) and replacing or rebuilding the slave.  It's often
a good idea to replace the slave because they're cheaper (About $65 from
Moss motors) and the moisture that tends to accumulate in hydraulic
systems seems to want to go to the lowest point (the slave) and rust
them.  The rebuild kit for the master is only about $15 or less.  As
usual, labor will be the biggest element of the job.  I'd recommend
hooking up with some of the people on this list for help, advice, and
commiseration.  One of them might even be enticed to do the job for
you, for the properly negotiated bribery. (none on this list are proud!)
  As someone has already responded, let the list know your geographical
whereabouts, and we can recommend a shop, amateur expert, or club...
  Chin up, hang in there, keep a stiff upper lip, and good luck!

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*