mgs

Re: MPG

To: Gordon Cappelletty <gcappelletty@valleynet.com>
Subject: Re: MPG
From: Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 04:44:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Gordon Cappelletty wrote:

> My '79 'B gets only about 18-23 mpg combined highway/city driving.  Of
> course the lower octane, reformulated gas and catalytic converter/smog
> equipment don't help.  Is there any way (in California) of getting better
> mileage from my car?
>
> Gordon

This is gonna mark me as a geek for all time, but I noticed a 5 - 7 mpg
increase when I started routinely obeying the speed limit and not trying
to cut off the next guy every time  (done for sanity and insurance's
sake).  Higher octane gas also seems to help.  Finally, make sure your
carb is tuned properly...

-- Marc