mgs

MGB Gas Tank and Filler Neck Problem Update/Thanks

To: "MG's" <mgs@autox.team.net>, British Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Gas Tank and Filler Neck Problem Update/Thanks
From: Glenn Franco <76644.2655@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 31 May 96 23:34:52 EDT
Original Post
------------------------------------
>The problem is that the old tank (76 MGB) is no longer available and originaly
came with a straight filler >neck. The new one demands the old style (I assume)
that is curved. These are no longer available. >Mine has the straight neck and
the hose is curved.

>Besides looking for a good used curved filler neck, does anyone have any
suggestions or ran into >this before?
------------------------------------

Thanks for all the suggestions and spare part offers. My new used part came
tonight by way of the UPS Guy.

Barney Gaylord sent me the part and it looks to be a perfect fix to the problem.

I've come to appreciate the way all the MG/Triumph/British Cars groups work
together to help each other out.

Thanks again!!!

Glenn Franco

email at 76644.2655@compuserve.com or GAF3@infoctr.chrysler.com

1971 TR6 (done, but still working on it)
1974 TR6 (hunting for performance parts like a limited slip)
1976 MGB (was done, but in million pieces again !)