mgs

Re: headlights...

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: headlights...
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 26 May 1996 17:18:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 26 May 1996, REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER wrote:

> One of my stock headlights on my 80 B just burnt out and I would like to
> replace them both with an upgrade. Should I just replace them with halogen
> or soemthing beter. If so, what, $, and where can I get them. Any advice
> would be appreciated.

The easiest upgrade, and the only one legal for road use in most states
(check your local motor vehicle code) is to use halogen sealed beam units.
They're relatively inexpensive, they're available at any auto parts store,
they don't overload the stock charging system, but the improvement over
standard sealed beams is noticeable.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.