mgs

Spridget 5-speed info

To: bc <british-cars@autox.team.net>, MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spridget 5-speed info
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 13:51:31 -0700 (PDT)
A couple of months ago Michael McDevitt asked for info about Spridget
5-speed conversion (Datsun). I sent him two post that I had saved relating
to the subject. I tried to contact him now to ask about his findings, but
his address is no longer valid.

My question to everybody: Has someone else saved info on this subject ?

Any satisfied or unsatisfied owners out there willing to comment?

So far I have only heard good things.
I am particularly interested in
- Which cars had the 5-speed?
- Who sells kits except Mini Mania?
- Installation tips
- I like the FEEL of the ribcase box, how is the Datsun?
- Is it true that nothing has to be cut?
- anything else you would care to share...

Thanks, Ulix
                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy