mgs

Re: New MGB

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: New MGB
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 01:02:08 -0700

>I'm sending this to british-cars because I thought an interesting thread
>might be any similar cases people have actually seen *with their own
>eyes* (as opposed to "a buddy heard of a guy...").
>
>In a lifetime of being a gearhead I have seen a few cases personally,
>unfortunately none LBCs.

The propriotor of my local MG bits shop is the VERY proud owner of the
absolute first T series made; TA 0251.  It is here in Vancouver, I've seen
it with my own eyes (caressed it with my own hands)  It's an odd bodied TA
with a fuel tank kind of built in rather than the familiar T series slab
tank.   Those of you at the GOF East in 95 (or maybe it was `94....) may
have seen it there, the car was a special guest and he and his Mrs went
along for the ride.  I'm not sure if it's completely original but the paint
COULD be 60 years old and the interior definately is.  He also has a ground
up restored TC and a very nice GT and no doubt some brand X daily driver not
worth discussing.

Some people just know how to live......
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net