mgs

RE: Bumper Height, ABS, Air Bags, and Pseudo-Safety

To: Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>
Subject: RE: Bumper Height, ABS, Air Bags, and Pseudo-Safety
From: "Ernest E. Gilbert" <barrister@lawref.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 96 13:54:43 -0700
----------
From:   Robert J Donahue/DELCO <RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com>
Sent:   Wednesday, April 17, 1996 6:36 AM
To:     mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>

Does anybody else get the feeling that we are spending loads of
money to make accidents survivable, but nothing to prevent them?

If a food seasoning were proven to kill and injur as many persons per year as
auto accidents, what would the government do about it? Thank goodness our
government bends to economic considerations at least in some cases. Autos and
Bass beer would be illegal if not. But there is still reason to fear, after all
the anti smokers are being listened to in spite of the economic interests.

And speaking of the anti-smokers, is politically incorect just a way of
creating acceptable prejudices to serve that same old function of pseudo
status? And what will we do when the pool of unemployable insensitives reaches
a significant level?

Ernest (Lucia says I don't have enough to do) Gilbert
barrister@lawref.com