mgs

Re: Centry Mig welders

To: mg@mega.cgl.rmit.edu.au, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Centry Mig welders
From: JRoss123@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 17:45:49 -0400

>145 amp seems a bit low. I recently bought a 180 amp unit so that I don't
>run out of puff on slightly thicker material.

I currently use a 250 amp AC/DC stick welder for the thicker stuff.  My
biggest concern is welding thin material 24 gauge sheet - .120 wall tubing.
 The local welding shop recommended against a 170 amp Lincoln because the
amperage was in set steps with a switch.  They recommended the 110 amp
version if I was welding light sheet since the current was set with variable
rheostat.  This seems to be one advantage with the bigger Century welders.

                                                     John Ross