mgs

Re: vacuum lines, etc.

Subject: Re: vacuum lines, etc.
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 1996 17:50:00 -0800 (PST)
Have your distributor recurved. Basically you just want lighter springs
installed. You can do this yourself with a little trial and error  and a few
springs.

I ran a (longer) line directly from the carb to the distributor so that I
get advance at all times.  The timing was altered but (I'm ashamed to
confess), by eyeball & ear - i.e. for best running under load with no
pinging......  It definately has more pickup coming off the line - what
I'd really like to do tho is find a mechanical advance distributor (ala
'039-type for VW's) that gives a more agggressive advance curve.....

Does anyone on the net know if such distributors are available???

Jim Mellander
jmel@netcom.com