mgs

Re: Top flapper

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Top flapper
From: etlsjfr@deep-thought.ericsson.se (Steve Foster)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 96 11:23:32 GMT
Hi,
I have an old hood that was a bit flappy.
Remounting the hood frame bolts to the correct height from the
chassis helped a lot. If you want I can get the measurement (The longest
serving MG mechanic/repairer in Surrey knew).
The problem with the A is that the rear hood rail seems to take all the
tension, leaving the front one some 0.5" away from the hood. Flapping
is the result at any sort of speed.

What I did was to get some black foam pipe insulation and fit
it round the front hood rail. This gave some tension and stopped all
flapping since the foam absorbs the energy.

The stuff is very cheap and in black looks ok with a black hood.

/Steve