mgs

Re: Fuel Stabilizer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Stabilizer
From: JRoss123@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 14:10:09 -0500
Ok I've lerked long enough on this one.

Michael S. Black writes:

>Amazing isn't it how people will waste so much effort talking about how
>something MUST be a con rather than investing a similiar amount of time
>calling up the company (or heaven forbid some of the testimonials they use)

Don't give us testimonials there a joke.  The only way to prove this device
works is a double blind test!  I was involved with a device that made similar
claims 15 years ago.  My father rigged up some cars with the device and some
with a disabled version. The cars with the disabled device got as much of an
improvement as the cars with the device.  Some times the non operating
devices worked better.  The reasoning was owners thought more about economy
and drove much smoother.  I'd bet in some of those testimonials while the car
was in the shop they did a tune up and serviced the car since it was in the
shop and the car needed it anyway.

>To repeat Inset Industries statement THERE IS NO
>MAGNET(S) IN THE DEVICE. I have help up a magnet of my own to the device as
>well as a delicate compass. Neither one showed any attraction for the
>device.

Yea its filled with activated charcoal or carbon.  It probably gets pretty
hot while the cars running.

>When I inquired about patent numbers I was informed that
>for confidentiality the secret to the Fuel Stabilizer was a "trade secret"
>similiar to the Coca-Cola brand soda.

Ok you can't patent a carbon filter or snake oil.  And if they did patent the
device it would be obvious what a ripoff it is.  Any company who spent any
significant amout of money in R&D for a device of any kind will apply for a
patent.  All I have to do now is buy one device tear it apart and build more.

> This to me implies that they could
>care less if anyone analyzes the product because it is difficult to
>reporduce the process.

I'm sorry but this is not logical.  If the process was so dificult the
company would definitely patent the process to defend against former
employees or leaks that would allow the competition to build units without
spending the capital for R&D.

Michael if this company was on the up and up they would have had an
independant double blind test done.  Psychics can't pass these tests and most
won't take one.  My bet is this company knows this device is a hoax and many
people want to belive in it so it sells just like 1-900 psychic phone calls.
  My sugestion is drop this thread.  If you have $500 to waste on gadgets
that don't work or a great psychic hot line more power to you, but don't
waste our time with your fantasies.

                                    John Ross

 A sucker may be born every minute. But one theres one attaching to the net
every 30 sec..