mgs

Re: Trans lube/Engine oil

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trans lube/Engine oil
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@seven.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 11:04:14 -0500
At Wed, 13 Mar 1996 21:04:59 -0500, Robert E Skillman writes:
>      What I've done is switch to Mobil 1 15/50 synthetic oil in both my
> engines and the tranny of my MGC (my TC uses 140wt ).

I would not reccomend this.  I am not a chemist, but I do understand
that shear strength is important in a gearbox and that Mobil 1 engine
oil cannot hold up to those rigors very well.  If you want to put
quality synthetic in your gearbox, try Redline MTL.  It's designed for
manual transmissions and receives nothing but good reviews.  I'm sure
someone can reccomend a supplier for you.

--
Matt Liggett <mliggett@indiana.edu>|-----> Bloomington, IN, USA <----:
-=-=-=-=-=]    http://seven.ucs.indiana.edu/~mliggett/    [=-=-=-=-=-: