mgs

Dim gauges

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dim gauges
From: Bill Mills <williem@nando.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 96 06:30:17 -0500
-- [ From: Bill Mills * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I seem to be having more trouble the last few years seeing the gauges on the
dash of my '70B at night.  The dash lights seem very dim.  There is only an
off/on switch for these lights on the column, no dimmer switch.  I thought
maybe it would be clearer to me after I got my bifocals (had to get a bigger
monitor too) last year but that hasn't seemed to help.  The little suckers
are just very dim.

Any recommendations about going to a higher watt bulb?  What wattage are
these little lights anyway?
If I go to a higher wattage bulb should I get a dimmer switch and put in the
circuit as well?  I assume the dimmer switch alone would do nothing for the
existing bulbs.

Bill Mills