mgs

Re: Fuel Stabilizer

To: DKeetley@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Stabilizer
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 1996 16:35:28 +0500
DKeetley@aol.com wrote:
>Here's the technological breakthrough we've all been waiting for!  The fuel
>stabilizer.

Uh oh.  I can actually *hear* the "snake oil" klaxons going off around the net.

>How would you like virtually no exhaust emissions with ANY engine setup,

*No* exhaust emissions?  Only if the engine isn't running.

>It's not BS.  I have been running an experiment for two years on my 74 Midget
>and with air pump disconnected and head plugged, no vacuum advance, LCB
>headers, a mixture set for maximum HP with timing set at 30BTDC @ 4000 rpm.

Lots of folks pass emissions tests with cars set up like that.  Consult the
anecdote archive.

>The device is like an inline fuel filter and is installed in series with the
>fuel line before the carburator(s) or fuel injectors.

It wouldn't happen to have a magnet inside, would it?
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu
http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html