mgs

Re: re-black bumpers

To: taylorts@syr.ge.com
Subject: Re: re-black bumpers
From: BOOFALO@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 22:50:02 -0500
Black bumper restoration is a breeze.  Remove any wax or grease or oil etc.
from the bumper.  Wet sand the bumpers using 280, 320 then 400 wet/dry paper.
Thoroughly clean the bumpers with soap and water. Then thoroughly wipe down
with a commercial plastic pre-paint cleaner/solvent available from auto paint
stores.
Mask off the bumpers to be sprayed.  Buy Krylon semigloss black spary paint
and create bumpers that look better than new.  No rubber look, no artificial
gloss
treatments no mottled look.  Some  members of our club use the semigloss and
a few have used the gloss (not as nice).  I'm telling you....you'll love the
look and people will want to know how you did it.  Total investment about $14
and 4-5 hrs. time.  One more thing, gouges can be filled with bondo or other
types of filler and sanded prior to painting.

Angelo

BOOFALO@aol.com
Buffalo Octagon Association