mgs

Re: How bout a nameless color ?!?

To: macleodm@cadvision.com (Michael MacLeod)
Subject: Re: How bout a nameless color ?!?
From: Don Mathis <tdm@smtp-gw.ak.att.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 14:00:29 -0500

>I reckon the worst colors were their dabblings with "flourescent" colours.
>There was a green that one could only describe as bilious, and an anaemic
>Orangey sort of color, not unlike an orange on 'Ludes.  Primrose Yellow has
>always appealed to me on E-types only.  Heck, I must be a real man.
>
>Mike MacLeod, Calgary, Alberta   (where the beer and the antelope freeze)
>'68 BSA Spitfire                        60' MGA               '63 Jag Mark 10
>'83 BMW R100 RS

        We had a technical meeting with our Mercedes Benz club Sat. at a
local body shop that specializes in MBs, Porsches, Lexus, etc.  He mentioned
that there is a new color out that the states hate!  It has no name so the
police will not be able to write down a "'96, dark green Ford etc. " The
color depends on how the light is hiting the surface.  It must appear
somewhat like a laser disc?!  It can be black, blue, red,
green,.......whatever.  He said that Ford will paint their Mustang racers
with this paint this spring.  It costs $750.00/ pint.  Yes, the decimal is
correct.
I think I'll just stick with burgundy.........or baby blue.

Don Mathis
AT&T - Bell Laboratories
Norcross, Georgia
'61 MGA     '37 Bentley