mgs

Re: Vacuum

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Subject: Re: Vacuum
From: moses@csra.net (Tim Moses)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 13:40:19 -0700
> You can tell which parts of your car
>are vacuum operated by operating them without the engine running.  If they
>stop working without being broken, they're vacuum operated.  It got to the
>point where so many things ran off of vacuum that the engine couldn't supply
>enough so some cars came with electric vacuum pumps.  So, the car burns gas
>to run the alternator to make electricity to run a vacuum pump to create
>vacuum to operate levers.  This isn't the most efficient power source I
>could think of.

        So my 1979 MGB which used to have an electrical "air pump" until the
DPO got a hold of the EGR system will never run correctly until I replace
the "blank spot" with an "air pump" ????

        Do I have to replace the entire EGR system????

Tim Moses, Esq.
U.S.N.A. 1986
Augusta, GA (pop. 202,434)
as of Jan. 1, 1996, now  the 77th largest city in USA