mgs

Re: Rust preventatives, engine swaps & such

To: "W. J. Richard Criswell" <DamitDick@megaweb.com>
Subject: Re: Rust preventatives, engine swaps & such
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 01:02:11 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 21 Aug 1995, W. J. Richard Criswell wrote:

> >It's full name is 'Finnegans Hammerite' but actually it's made by:

Available in the US.  I have not found the companion Smoothrite, though.

> >The other corrosion protection product that is very popular here in the UK
> >is 'Waxoyl'.  This is a solvent based wax product that you spray into box

Available in the US.  Seems to be good stuff.

> >There are other 'more professional' products available such as 'Tufcote
> >Dynol' (I think that's what it's called)

I think Tuffcote Dynol has gone belly up in the US.  I had a car treated
with the stuff, and it rusted worse at 70K miles than a neighbor's
identical car untreated with 120K miles.  Plugs all the drain holes.

Dinitrol range:

Supposed to be excellent; have not seen in US.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910