mgs

Re: dual exhaust

To: Luke Michael Klima <luke@nanofab1.tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: dual exhaust
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 15:20:54 +0600
>        My friend has a 1973 MGB, he wants to put a dual exhaust system on it.
>Has anyone ever done this?  What is to be gained from such a project?

I'd say that it would be well nigh impossible.  There's simply nowhere to
sling a length of pipe down the right side of the car without having it hang
down too far or foul on the fuel line or fuel tank or wiring.  Any number of
nasty things could happen.

The only gain I could think of would be cosmetic, like any number of
paint-on performance bits available at Pep Boys.  Performance gains would be
marginal at best - certainly not worth the trouble.
--
Jay Tilton     | vt = Virginia Tech
jtilton@vt.edu | vt <> Vermont