mgs

Help - Block Brass Taper Plugs

To: anco@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Help - Block Brass Taper Plugs
From: anco@ix.netcom.com (Thomas Anderson )
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 1995 23:36:26 -0700
MG Friends:

My 76B blew out the oil gallery brass plug located on the left rear
side just under the oil pressure relief valve assembly. Warned by the
alarming cloud of smoke as a torrent of oil hit the exhaust pipe I shut
down the engine before wiping everything out.

My question is where does one find such a brass tapered plug. (Moss
only sells a set of 4, two for each end on the block which are a
differant size.) And if not available does anyone know what the British
standard is for taper angle on such plugs so I can have one made.

With thanks

Tom Anderson
Menlo Park CA