mgs

Shopping for MGA -Reply

To: british-cars@autox.net, mgs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Shopping for MGA -Reply
From: KBEST@novell.com (Karl Best)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 10:30:05 -0600
>>> Bruce Hill <BHILL@UA1VM.UA.EDU> 07/26/95 07:23am >>>
By the way, my MKII will cruise all day at 70 with no signs of straining
and power to spare, I love it! >>>

My '57 1500 cruises quite nicely at 70mph, but I sure wish it had a higher
gear. I can push towards 80mph with no trouble, but then I'm
approaching redline, which I'd prefer not doing too often, and it starts
overheating.

I guess that brings up the question of how would I add a higher gear?
Find a 5sp tranny (such as ...?), or make 4th a bit higher (what could I
slip in there when I get around to doing a rebuild?), or how 'bout a higher
rear end (and what would I do there?).

-Karl