mgs

Re: hail damage to rag top

To: Denise Thorpe <thorpe@kegs.saic.com>
Subject: Re: hail damage to rag top
From: MALIK HAMMED MAHMOUD <92malikh@wave.scar.utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 19:41:54 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, Denise Thorpe wrote:

> Your insurance company works for you.  They have to settle a claim to
> YOUR satisfaction.  In '84, I got $4000 for a stolen '79 Triumph Spitfire
> that I'd paid $3395 for a year before.  The initial offer from my
> insurance company was for $1200.  All it took was two months of saying
> "No."

I went through a similar experience two months ago.  A bunch of kids
decided to trash my brother's Prelude that he had bought for 20K six
months earlier.  It was a total write off but the insurance company only
offered us $11K.  The adjuster wouldn't budge until we got a lawyer friend
involved who managed to get the 20K out of them.  As much as I love
driving my B, I miss doing 220 in the Prelude <- lbc content :)