mgs

Re: unsubscribe

To: all-cars@triumph.cs.utah.edu
From: Brian Kelley <bkelley@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 14:15:14 -0400
>I don't know how I got subscribed, but can someone let me know
>how to unsubscribe....

I think you are a victim of a bad list admin decision along with a
_bunch_ of other folks.  Note that there is no all-cars-request address.

I _suspect_ that all-cars sends to every mailing list maintained on
triumph.cs.utah.edu.  That would probably be the British car lists and
the autocross lists (and possibly others).  I subscribe to the
autocross list in digest mode but am receiving this Spitfire drivel
one message at a time.  This address also bypasses the digest
software, in case you didn't notice.

Needless to say, the all-cars list should not be publicly accessible
(assuming that it is what I described).  Don't tell Olga.  It should
be an "admin only" feature.

Knowingly using it to sort your car problems is an abuse of the net
and spamming.

So please take this discussion to the appropriate British car list(s)
and remove "all-cars" from the To: and From: lines if you respond.

Thanks!

  Brian

---
bkelley@pms706.pms.ford.com