mgs

Help again! SU H2 carburetors running too rich

To: british-cars@autox.net
Subject: Help again! SU H2 carburetors running too rich
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 95 20:35 EST
First, thanks for the advice on the leaking gas. Thightening the jet gland nuts
stopped both carbs from leaking. By the way, does centering the jets drive
anybody else crazy?

Now I am trying to tune them. I can't seem to get the mixture right. Even
with the jet adjusting nuts all the way up, the mixture is too rich. The
exhaust is black, the plugs are fouling and the Colortune plug glows
yellow. The needle is ES which is supposed to be right for the H2s in the TD.
The carbs were just rebuilt with the MOSS rebuild kit. I have the air
cleaner off, so it can't be an air restriction. I would think any air leaks
would only make the mixture leaner. The carb pistons move freely. Everything
is stock
TD as far as I know.

I am stumped again. Any ideas?

Bob Donahue  " 50s FOREVER "