mgs

Re: I took my windscreen apart last week...

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I took my windscreen apart last week...
From: "Mark Parenti" <map@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 95 09:50:17 -0400
Sounds like you're talking about the rubber channels that seal against the
door when the door is closed. I just replaced those on my '77 MGB. I wondered
the same thing. I poked around with a screwdriver in the vicinity of the
screws and was able to find the original holes in the rubber. Over the years
they seemed to have mostly resealed themselves. I installed the new rubber the
same way by poking small holes with an awl, holding the metal strip in place
(not very easy!!) and installing the screws. The rubber closes back up and the
holes are not noticeable.

Mark Parenti