mgs

Midget 4 sale, Greensboro NC

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget 4 sale, Greensboro NC
From: S1500@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 14:44:47 -0400
Hello MG types,

I thought this might interest someone on this list.  I
Just recently spotted a Midget 4 sale where I buy my gas.
I gave the car a superficial looking over & must admit I'm no
expert on Midgets, although my first car was a '68 midget
in 1971.  I am a Spitfire  type these days.  What I know:
The comm plate say mfg in 8/74
showing 99K miles on the clock
owner asking $1600
To me, the car looks straight & in decent shape.  I did not
look under the bonnet.  Interior OK, maroon colour, been painted,
top has clear windows & not too bad, but several small tears in it.
chrome looks OK.  The mechanic at the garage where it's parked
(Carters Exxon, West friendly) says it's "wore out", but no specifics.
They have not worked on the car.  The phone # in the (car) window is
(910) 547-9696  I do not know the owner, have no interest, etc. etc.

This has always seemed to be a desirable year Midget  to me.
Pre emissions, Pre rubber nose & less chrome all round than my
'68 had.  I would be willing to take a second look if someone is
seriously interested.  (again I'm no expert)  I beleive it can be
bought for less than advertised.  It's been there a couple of weeks
and no bites, (the mechanic says).

E-mail me direct as I'm not on this list.
(Brit-cars & Triumphs generate all the E-mail I can handle)
Sorry about the bandwidth

Bob Sykes, (S1500@aol.com)
75, 78, 78, Spitfires
(but like to look at MG's)