mgs

Re: RFD: rec.autos.mg

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RFD: rec.autos.mg
From: glenns@edge.ercnet.com (Glenn Schnittke)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 15:12:19 -0500
>>I would personally like to see the mailing list
>> split into these sections, but if that is not possible I'd prefer to see only
>> the technical stuff in the digest.
>

>That would require some to edit, and redirect all messages by content, some of
>which is mixed. This is, in effect what the web server does. It lets anyone

That's also what the whole idea of rec.autos.mg is for. If you prefer to see
only the technical stuff, then you pick out only the technical stuff. I've
been doing a version of this for quite a while, in that I'm on this list and
I also participate in the "UK cars" section in the Autos Forum on CIS. I
probably would not participate much in the group, since I'm already here and
on CIS, but I do think it would lighten the load here as well as provide an
alternative for people who prefer that type of format.

While the newsgroup format is maybe a little more prone to "Thanks" and "I'm
with you, bud" messages, one can also wade through the stuff you aren't
dealing with at the present. IOW, you aren't getting messages about bodywork
when you're looking for carb related stuff. I think it would be a good
addition to the net community, especially for people who don't have a CIS or
AOL to access.

Glenn "Ever seen LBC's on RIME?" Schnittke
"Calling Dr. Benway. You are wanted in reconditioning."

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com