Re: [Mgb-v8] Wheel nut torque

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Mgb-v8] Wheel nut torque
From: James Bown <jaguarsandrail@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 21:52:37 -0600
It is very annoying how the tire dealers do such quick and messy work. I have
taken to showing up with a torque wrench and asking if I can go out in the
shop to tighten up the nuts. Usually just asking causes them to do the
tightening by hand with a torque wrench.

Regards,

Jim B.

> From: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
> To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net; mgs@autox.team.net; MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 10:39:15 +0100
> Subject: [Mgb-v8] Wheel nut torque
>
> Had two fronts tyres replaced this week, and I noticed that the fitter used
an
> air gun to do the nuts back up and only used a torque wrench to check that
> they weren't *under* torqued. Correct torque is 60 ft lb,

inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL
:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_2

Mgb-v8@autox.team.net