Re: [Mgb-v8] Two Questions

To: The Rays <therays@ellijay.com>, MG-V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgb-v8] Two Questions
From: "Ficalora, Robert" <robert.ficalora@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 22:14:56 +0000
Can't help you with #2, but for #1 the answer is "it depends."  The angle of
the pinion should be the same as the angle of the engine/transmission --
parallel but not in direct line.  In other words, if your engine/tranny tilt
down by 3* your pinion should tilt up 3*.  The attached picture should
explain.  It doesn't say, but I believe the ideal pinion angle is in the 3-5
degree range.  0 doesn't let the u-joints work.  If the angles aren't the same
you'll get vibration vs. whine though.

Rob