Re: [Mgb-v8] Rough and no at all

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Mgb-v8] Rough and no at all
From: James Bown <jaguarsandrail@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:30:08 -0600
Also, the wire that was not pressed down all the way in the dizzy might have
still been close enough to have been making contact, or close enough for the
spark to jump the gap, thus the cylinder may have been firing. I would think
you would have noticed the missing cylinder if it wasn't.

As to the missing pin in the linkage. It seems, at least to me, that it is
frequently the little things in life that get me.

I tend to be on the lookout for the big things that might cause problems.

Regards,

Jim B.

> From: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
> To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net; barrie@look.ca
> Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 11:25:16 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Mgb-v8] Rough and no at all
>
> In theory with 12.5% less combustion it shouldn't be generating as much
heat.
> But unless you drove with exactly the same throttle opening i.e. slower the
> other cylinders would be working harder if you maintained a given speed.
And