King Bimetal Bearings and British Parts Northwest

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: King Bimetal Bearings and British Parts Northwest
From: "Terry Davis" <twdavis1@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 20:09:47 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Thanks for all the great replies to the email below.

In return, let me tell you that I was shocked at the costs that I found for
main bearings, ranging $203 to $450 for the Rover 3.5L.

I found that British Parts Northwest sells the King "Alecular" main bearings
for only $48.65 plus shipping.

http://www.kingbearings.com/advantages.html

http://www.bpnorthwest.com/.sc/ms/cat/TR7-8--Main%20Engine%20Components

With the savings on the main bearings, I can now consider the $170 total
seal rings instead of the $72 traditional iron rings.

YES, damn it; I'm a tight wad...  :-)