Re: MGB Possibly once Robin Weatheralls/Ken Costello assisted car

To: "Greg A Myer" <motorhead45@juno.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Possibly once Robin Weatheralls/Ken Costello assisted car
From: "Roger Comer" <roger1@eagle-carbide.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:40:33 -0400
Cc: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Greg, thanks for your reply.
My mechanic and I have doubts about the fuel pump and perhaps it's mode of
operation. My pump is in the tank. I was told that it was a Rover pump. I
also know that the fuel tank was rusted through so it was changed...just
before I had the car...it's never run as it should and has become gradually
worse.

I suspected that it may have something to do with the fuel level in the
tank...does that sound feasible...a pick pipe leak to air.....too short a
pick up pipe. Is it difficult to access the tank to remove the pump Greg?

The responses  from the list have been very helpful. I'm recharged with
enthusiasm to get the car back into my own hands again and set to it. Not
that my mechanic hasn't been very good and very helpful but there is a limit
to how many hours he can spend/charge on a job like this.... soooo it
becomes a part time job and never ending.

I'll keep in touch with you all but it may take longer than you'd expect
because of other commitments I have to motorcycles and fast fun things like
that.

Roger Comer